Championship Sunday

You know what it is...

Game 1 - Steelers at Broncos: I suppose picking a winner gets tougher each round, because this one is a doozy. On one hand you've got Jake Plummer - he can definitely make plays to win it for you, but can he keep it under control and make sure he doesn't blow it? Then Big Ben Roethlisberger - no question he can manage a game for you, but can he make the big play to win it? Both teams run the ball very well, no matter which of their backs is in. Both teams have very solid defenses with dangerous, hard-hitting safeties. I'm a Jake guy, but Ben has been very impressive. If he can have a first half like he did last week, the Steelers may just win. If you can't tell, I still haven't made my pick..... thinking..... thinking.... 24-23 Steelers. Definitely take Pitt and the Points.

Game 2 - Panthers at Seahawks: Nobody has shown me anything to convince me that Steve Smith can be stopped. Unless the Seahawks manage to sack Jake Delhomme five or six times in the first half, the Panthers should take this one. And frankly, I don't really want to extoll the virtues of the team that just embarassed my Bears' defense. Mark it 34-20 Panthers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you were right on the money.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Kolsky said...

Ok, admittedly I was way off the money. I have to admit I'm shocked at how thoroughly the Panthers were dominated.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home