Just make the pain go away...

As I sat, draped in my 2005 World Series Champion White Sox throw, watching the final seconds tick of the Soldier Field clock, I was filled with a tremendous sense of disappointment and loss. Not only had I mailed in the most miserable day of NFL predictions ever (after instructing you to bet my picks), but my beloved Bears had fallen to the "unstoppable" Carolina Panthers. For my part, they're hardly unstoppable and the Bears' D played possibly its worst game of the year. As far as I can tell, matching our best corner against their best receiver might have been enough to do it. But to the victors go the spoils and the losers go home. In any event, I went to bed a sad, sad Kolsky.

This morning, though, things are gonna be different. Sure, I plan to sit around the house for a third day in a row. There is plenty of basketball to entertain. But I thought if I could find out where it's playing, I might go check out this awesome-looking new film:


I wish I could follow that up with a joke that would do it justice, but I think it's best that you all take some time and fully absorb it. Just a little something to brighten the day of all those Washington, New England, Indianapolis and Chicago football fans.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kolsky said...

It's probably tacky to comment on my own post here, but I'd like to pose a question; strictly for research purposes. Are you, as a filmgoer, more interested in: (A) Brokeback Mountain - A beautiful love story about gay cowboys Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhall falling for each other and gettin' it on in the mountains; or (B) Dumbfuck Mountain - A beautiful love story about dumb politician G.W. Bush and evil supervillain Dick Cheney overcoming their differences by donning cowboy hats and gang-fucking the American people.
Seriously, which one?

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be honest, they both sound boooo-ring. Sorry 'bout football (and my nasty comment on your last post...heh heh).

12:45 PM  
Blogger tyrone said...

It depends. Does Cheney's daughter have a sex scene in B? If so, the choice is obvious.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home