Seattle Saturday

Sure, I said I'd try to keep the sports stuff at a reasonable level, but this is the playoffs, people. I'll do my best to keep commentary to a minimum. Saturday's games:

Redskins at Seahawks: Yes, the Redskins beat Seattle (in overtime) in Week 4. That means nothing. It would mean very little even if these were the same two teams, given the missed Seattle field goal which would have won the game in regulation. The Seahawks have the best offense in the NFC - obviously the best RB and arguably the best QB in the conference. Their defense is very strong. Washington has a great defense, which should slow Seattle a bit, but their offense simply stinks. With Clinton Portis hampered by a sore shoulder and Mark Brunell's mobility nullified by a knee, their best option is throwing screens and quick slants to the dangerous Santana Moss. This should get them a few yards and maybe a score, but they don't have enough to compete with the NFC's top team. Mark it 24-10 Seahawks.

Patriots at Broncos: After last week, I'd have to be either stupid or spectacularly stubborn to pick against the Patriots again. I am well aware of the mystique surrounding the Belichik-Brady combination. I am certainly familiar with the playoff history of this New England squad. And, admittedly, I'm still hurt by the way the franchise abused my boy Drew Bledsoe. All signs point to picking the Pats... so I'm putting everything on the Broncos. Jake Plummer has been my favorite QB in the league for a long time, and this year he finally earned my confidence in him. Great year, great team. He's shown the ability to make big plays without the tendency to make stupid ones. At the end of the day, the Broncos are simply a better team than the Patriots, and should win. I know you probably could say that about a decent percentage of New England playoff games the last few years, but I really think (read: hope and pray) that Jake puts Denver over the top. Gimme 26-24 Broncos.

Predictions of a Bears victory and an epic Indy-Pitt battle are forthcoming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home