If I were a hammer...

Sadly, I'm just a starving writer, and I rarely do any handiwork in the mornings. Instead, I wake up fifteen minutes Before Football to tell you what I think about the games. Yesterday I was one for two, though I think we all knew I picked a loser in Jacksonville. Admittedly it was worse than I would have ever imagined. Today we have two more games...

Game 1: Panthers at Giants - This one's about Eli. With the linebacking corps for New York completely in shambles, Carolina will score. They will. Now, the Giants are perfectly capable of competing with them if Eli has a good game. They can count on the venerable Tiki Barber, who seems to run for near or over 100 yards whenever the hell he wants to, and is one of toughest little fuckers in the league. The question is this: does Eli step up or does he break down. Specifically, if he can avoid turnovers and play smart, I think the G-Men would be able to take it. Unfortunately, Eli is still not quite there. Gimme the Panthers, 27-17.

Game 2: Steelers at Bengals - When Cincinnati was at its hottest this year, they took a tough game from a struggling Pittsburgh team (38-31 in Pitt). At this point, the Steelers are much better than they were in that Dec. 4 matchup; the Bengals - struggling. Plus, Pittsburgh keys their attack from a powerful running game that should tear up a weak rushing defense that allowed 115 yards a game this year. The Bengals D is made to force turnovers - they are aggressive, and their corners play for interceptions. Unfortunately for them, Roethlisberger does a very good job of limiting mistakes and probably won't hand them anything. In the end, I'd like to see Cincinnati pull it off, just for a change of pace, but it's just not much of a matchup. If they're going to compete they've got to be perfect in the passing game. I'll give them credit for a great year, but this is a game they'll be hard pressed to win. Show me Pittsburgh 27-24.

There you go, your playoff predictions. FYI, if this all goes as planned I'll be picking the Bears to re-hammer the Panthers in a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home