Dynasty Over

Thank god. I was so sick of the stupid Patriots and their stupid undefeated-in-the-playoffs mojo. Stupid. I believe I'm now 5-1, which is pretty good even if I didn't nail all the scores. So maybe you should bet these picks:

Game 1 - Pittsburgh at Indianapolis: It's all about Big Ben. If he can hurt the Colts early and Pittsburgh can get a lead, they are the best clock wasters in the NFL. Bettis is remarkably effective when you know he's coming. Sadly, Indy plays pretty tough D these days, and it's damn near impossible to get much of an early lead against that offense. I think this is gonna be a spectacular game, and I'd like to pick Pittsburgh, but I'm just not sure they're good enough to beat an Indy team that should be ready. I see 13-0 Indy showing up for this one: 31-21 Colts.

Game 2 - Carolina at Chicago: The Main Event. Say what you will about Carolina being on a roll, they were on a roll when we held them to three points and scored 13. And I would remind my audience that Kyle Orton quarterbacked that victory. Rex Grossman may not have experience, but I think it's clear he improves the offense over Orton. Basically, I believe that Carolina is a good team, but I do not believe that they are nearly as good as the Bears. The only way Chicago loses is if they come out completely flat or beat themselves with turnovers. Our defense is nothing like the NY panzies that the Panthers trampled last week. Jake Delhomme better fill all his ice trays before the game, because he's gonna be sore all over. Call it 23-10 Bears.

OK, K-borhood. Enjoy a great day of playoff football.

P.S. If you haven't heard Big Hit Buda's We Da Bears, you need to get down with that shit immediately.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the ESPN article: "The Broncos coaxed the Patriots into five turnovers that they converted into 24 points on just 24 yards."

In other words, much as you loathe the Patriots, they essentially beat themselves. Denver scored 24 points on 24 yards! In all of their other offensive drives combined, the Broncos delivered ... 0 points!

Turnovers don't happen completely by accident, and give Denver credit for playing a solid game and making few mistakes. But I can't say the better team on the field won ... hater.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Kolsky said...

Hey, statboy, I hate to break up your pity parade, but the final score was 27-13, meaning the Broncos actually "delivered" three points all on their own. I may be a hater but at least I come prepared.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

talk shit all you want, kolsky...but it's sunday night and your bears are done, too.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home