A little self-pub never killed anybody....

Just in case you're reading this and you don't know me on a deeply personal level, I thought I'd give you a quick update on my real life. You know, as opposed to my eLife...

Basically I'm trying to be a jerk who gets paid to talk about sports on the radio. I mean, I'm not particularly trying to be a jerk - that comes natural - it's just that I'm attempting to make money of my jerkiness and corresponding sports expertise.

In rearing my fledgling radio career, I have been doing my best to record my voice and broadcast it (in various ways) whenever and wherever I can. As such, I have recently recorded some NBA chatter with my good friend Nick Saper (collectively the Basketball Babblers) and posted it for your listening pleasure on podOmatic and in a media player that I've added to my Bulls Blog, which you may be familiar with (there's been a link to it over there on the right for a while).

In any event, though the first three episodes are fairly straightforward previews of the NBA season to come, Nick and I are developing our audio chemistry and hope to improve and get funnier and more entertaining as time goes on. Ultimately our hope is to be enjoyable for the non-sports fan as much as for the sports fan. Chances are we'll strike out but we DO intend to try, dammit!

So go check it out. We're in negotiations for a potential live radio show, and if you're in Chicagoland (Chicago - WSBC 1240; Chicago Heights - WCFJ 1470) you can hear me, Kolsky (Kid K, the Ass. to the Ass. Producer) on The Morning Break, every Monday and Friday from 10 to Noon.

Hopefully you won't stop reading this blog in the future because of this self-serving post. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home