Let me explain...

While I appreciate the rousing email response to my blogenesis, it's really counterproductive. The whole point of a blog, as I understand it, is to propose and discuss issues in a public forum. In other words, don't send me an email, POST A COMMENT! In the spirit of sharing, I'm bringing my blog to YOU, sports fan, with an Objectively Chosen NFL Game of the Week: a contest all of us can enjoy while the Bears whip the snot out of the Packers on the other TV in your local sports bar. This week, a battle for NFC South supremacy, a fight betwixt the black cats and the birds of prey, Jake Delhomme vs. Michael Vick, DeShaun Foster and Stephen Davis vs. Warrick Dunn and TJ Duckett, Steve Smith vs... who plays receiver for the Falcons? (Alge Crumpler, I suppose) This game is a close one, with the Vegas line currently favoring the Panthers by 3, but I'll take the birds, baby. Like the Bears, the Falcons speedy pass rush will put Delhomme on his ass early, and disrupt the flow of the Panthers' offense (not that Steve Smith won't still go the distance at some point). On the other side of the ball, Vick baffles the opposing defense every week, and the Bears showed us that the Panthers can be run on, so look for Dunn to do damage. Don't bet the under (43) on this one, folks, cause we're gonna see some TDs. My prediction for this week's OCNGotW: 27-23 Falcons over Panthers. Discuss.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

17-7, Atlanta. Both teams have good defense and overrated offense.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Kolsky said...

Take a look at Vick's constantly increasing passing efficiency. Also, take a look at the Falcons' rushing game. I would argue that while Vick remains somewhat overrated simply because he does things we've never seen before, the Falcons' offense as a unit is NOT overrated, because they are actually developing a nice run/pass balance.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vick's increasing passing efficiency still sucks. He's prone to awful games against decent defenses and hey, look, they're about to play one of those!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home